Are there any pimples meaning on face? According to ancient Chinese medicine, the areas of your skin where blemishes appear to tell you something about your overall health. That method of discovering your pustules face meaning is called Face Mapping: the meaning of what’s going on your skin.
The Mechanism Of Pimple On The Face
Pimple is one of the most widespread dermatological diseases: according to statistics, approximately 80% of the population has skin eruptions. Pimple is often manifested against hypertrophied sebum production: excess sebum clogs pores, and the so-called blackheads appear.
Pimple – sebum with an admixture of keratinized skin particles accumulated at the mouth of the hair follicle or sebaceous ducts. Sebum oxidizes on contact with oxygen, and the plug becomes a characteristic dark gray color.
The sebaceous plug creates an ideal breeding ground for acne bacteria (Propionibacterium acnes or Malassezia), which cause inflammatory pimples. These bacteria permanently inhabit the skin and are anaerobic, i.e., they do not need oxygen for energy synthesis, so when the sebaceous ducts are blocked, an ideal airless environment is formed for their reproduction.
A pimple is an inflammatory element of the sebaceous gland that has arisen due to the blockage of its ducts by external contaminants and the reproduction of acne bacteria. Pimple differs from black dots in the presence of inflammation, redness, and internal purulent contents (white heads).
The appearance of pimples is prone to mainly oily skin type. Therefore, preventing the emergence of rashes and regulating sebum secretion will help appropriately select corrective care that meets the type’s needs.
There are several types of rashes:
- Open comedones (black dots) – superficial rashes, which consist of thickened skin secretions of gray or black color (due to the oxidative reaction of the contents with oxygen).
- Closed comedones (subcutaneous blackheads) – the mechanism of occurrence is similar to open blackheads, only the contents are under the skin.
- Papules – small subcutaneous pimples without apparent purulent content.
- Pustules – a pimple in its common manifestation with purulent content and a red, inflamed area.
- Nodules are hard subcutaneous nodules protruding to the skin surface, often accompanied by purulent discharge.
Why Pimples Appear On The Face: The Main Causes
Before we find out the pimples meaning on face, we must first know why pimples appear on face. According to epidemiological data, skin rashes in the form of pimples occur in 80% of adolescents and 20% of adults. However, the reasons for their appearance in people of different ages are different: it may be a hormonal restructuring of the body in adolescents and hormone surges against a background of certain diseases, medications taken, and stress in adults.
- Hormonal imbalance (the leading cause)
Excessive sebum production indicates a high level of male sex hormones (testosterone, dihydrotestosterone) in the blood and the high sensitivity of the sebaceous glands to androgens. Estrogens (female sex hormones) inhibit sebum production, and androgens (male hormones), on the contrary, stimulate it.
It is a hormonal imbalance – the leading cause of teenage acne during the period of hormonal restructuring of the body. When pustular rashes systematically appear on mature skin, there is the possibility of changes in the blood amount of steroid hormones, which can increase sebaceous glands’ hyperreactivity.
- Thickening of the stratum corneum (hyperkeratosis)
Due to the violation of the detachment of keratinized epithelium, the ducts of hair follicles are clogged: the inability of the skin to timely cleanse itself of dead cells provokes clogging of the sebaceous glands.
- Improper nutrition
The emergence of acne is not the minor role played by nutrition: with acne, exacerbation is recommended to exclude diet flour, confectionery, fatty, and fried foods and increase the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition, rash prevention means a balanced diet and the presence of essential vitamins: A, C, and B group, omega-3 fatty acids, and foods rich in zinc, antioxidants, beta-keratin, and fiber.
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
Improper eating and gastrointestinal disorders can alter the balance of the intestinal microflora and lead to an overabundance of toxins in the body that negatively affects the skin.
Purulent rashes are caused by bacteria (Propionibacterium acnes or Malassezia) which multiply in a favorable environment for them.
The peculiarity of the hormonal background is often inherited.
In busy periods, the body produces an excess of the stress hormone cortisol, which provokes an increased sebum production and consequently clogged pores and inflammation.
- The wrong skincare
Your facial beauty routine is the first thing worth focusing on when fighting acne.
A Map Of Facial Acne By Zone
Experts have been able to divide the face into zones and, depending on the appearance of acne on the front, “draw” a map. Pay attention to your pimples, trace the nature of their appearance and figure out the area where they appear most often. Based on Face Mapping, we can reveal the pimples meaning on face.
Find the “suffering” area of your face on the map, and then determine which body system is failing. For example, all the locations of your face where pimples appear can be divided into nine zones. If the spots in a specific area appear too often, perhaps you have a severe illness, and such rashes are trying to warn you about it in various ways.
As already mentioned, we can distinguish the nine main areas on which most often appear “signaling” pimples.
- The forehead (in the center and on both sides)
- The eyebrows (above the eyebrows, under the eyebrows, or on the side)
- Cheeks and eyes (in the eye area and all over the cheeks)
- Nose (tip, side of nose, bridge of nose)
- Nasolabial fold (completely around the mouth)
- Side of the face (temples on both sides, ears, corners of the eyes)
- Mouth (around the lips)
- Chin (side of face and tip of chin)
- Ears (side of the face)
Keep a clean and beautiful face in the first place because this is the part people around you pay the utmost attention to. How you are perceived – decides the attitude towards you and, in principle, your future. Next, eliminate rashes on your face by improving your body and curing internal diseases, focusing on the acne chart.
Pimples Meaning on Face
Pimples are annoying, but they often tell you something about your health. For example, do you always have abscesses in the same place? Those pimples tell you something about underlying health problems. In addition, the different spots of pimples reveal a lot.
Knowing what the spot of your pimples means, you can solve the problem. Here are the pimples meaning on face:
- Pimples near your eyebrows or temples
Pimples around the eyebrows can be due to poor circulation, problems with your gallbladder, too much fat, and too much processed food or alcohol. So again, drinking enough water and watching your diet are essential.
- Pimples on your cheeks
The significance of pimples on your cheeks may be related to lung or liver problems, eating too large portions of food, stress, upset stomach, dirty cell phones, pillowcases, or makeup brushes. Therefore, it is essential to properly cleanse your skin and disinfect the products that come in contact with your skin.
- Pimples on your ears
Your ears are strongly related to your kidneys. Suppose your kidneys are not functioning correctly or not getting enough nutrients or water. This can result in recurring pimples on the surface of your ear. Drink enough water and avoid excessive caffeine and salt intake.
- Pimples around the lips
Acne in this area may be related to your intestines or too much spicy or fried food. Instead, increase your intake of fiber. Fruits and vegetables do wonders for your skin.
- Pimples on your forehead
Pimples on your forehead may be related to digestive problems, problems with your small intestine, your liver, stress, irregular sleep, a poor diet, or even the wrong hair products. Make sure you get at least seven hours of sleep, drink enough water, and pay attention to your diet to see if a particular diet is affecting your skin. Try to avoid added sugars.
- Pimple on your chin
If you have recurring boils here, the possible meaning is that they have to do with your hormones or kidneys. Or that you spend too much time on your face with dirty hands. Ask your doctor if you can use a different birth control pill. Take omega-3 supplements to keep your hormones balanced. Refrain from fidgeting with your face too much.
- Pimples on the nose
Acne on your nose may be related to a poor diet, problems with your bowels, or poor circulation. Vitamin B, less salt, and massaging the skin around the nose can help.
How to Treat Pimples on the Face
Of course, there are things you can do to give your skin a helping hand after knowing the pimples meaning on face. These tips will help you treat your pimples healthily and safely.
- Don’t squeeze pimples. We know it’s tempting, but squeezing can push the sebum further into your skin and worsen the inflammation.
- Don’t scrub your skin. Instead, cleanse it with a mild, perfume-free cleanser or simply with clean hands and water. Be sure to then pat your skin dry with a towel without rubbing.
- Drink plenty of water. This way, you don’t signal your sebaceous glands to produce extra sebum to keep the skin soft and flexible.
- Keep your face clean. Don’t touch your skin during the day. Consult your pillowcases regularly, and don’t wear makeup when you don’t feel you “need” to.
- Let your skin recover. Apply a safe, perfume-free skin routine to a clean face in the evening. Massage Face Balm all over your face, apply a little Eye Balm around the eyes, and finish the practice with a little Lip Balm on the lips. This allows the skin to rest and recover overnight, waking you up with soft, cared-for skin.
- Use zinc cream.
- You can treat pimples with honey and cinnamon: Honey And Cinnamon Help Acne: A Proven Home Remedy Recipe.
Those are the pimples meaning on face. By knowing the meaning of pimples on the face, we can see the condition of our body’s health. Thus we can take appropriate steps, so the problem is manageable.